Who Should Build a Custom Home?
To buy all the parts that make up your automobile, you might have to spend upwards of four times the cost. And then you would still have to put them all together! Custom building a house is not quite as bad as that, but it still costs more than a ready-made builder’s product. So why build a custom home?
If you answer “Yes” to any of the following questions, you are a good candidate for considering a custom home.
- Have you looked for a ready-made home, but have been unable to find one which fulfills your desires and preferences, your family’s needs, and/or your aesthetic sense?
- Do you have very particular and specific desires about what you want in a home? When you look at existing homes, do you seem to want to change everything about them?
- Do you have unusual requirements for a home, such as special-purpose rooms, a particular layout, built in major fixtures or systems, accessibility, an accessory dwelling, or out-buildings?
- Would you like to make use of alternative energy sources, ecologically sound or non-toxic building materials, or any other fixtures, methods, or materials which are not generally found in ready-made homes?
- Have you been unable to find a home which works for you in the right location or neighborhood?
- Do you wish for a home with particular views, water frontage, zoning, or type of trees or vegetation, and have been unable to find an existing home that has them?
- Are you in love with a particular piece of vacant land?
- Are you already the owner of a particular piece of vacant land?
- Do you own, or are thinking of buying, a divisible lot, with an existing home on one part? If so, you might build a custom home on the vacant part, and the sell the existing home.
- Do you own, or are thinking of buying, a lot in a good neighborhood with an existing home in such disrepair that it should be torn down?
- Do you own, or are thinking of buying, a piece of land with a mobile home? If so, you might build a custom home while still living in the mobile, and then sell the mobile.
- Do you want to make sure that your new home is structurally sound and has been built under newer building code requirements, such as those which afford precautions for earthquakes, slides, floods, fire, or hurricanes?
There are many more questions to ask yourself, those are just some of the reasons why you would build a custom home.
Bottom line – If you’re looking at existing homes and you can’t find that perfect dream home – it’s time to think about a custom home.
© Paramount Construction Inc. 2023